Business Manager For a Busy Indian Restaurant $ 25 per hour
Category: Long Term Employment
Publish date: 05/06/2020
Location: 156 Victoria Avenue, Whanganui, New Zealand
• Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
• Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
• Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
• Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
• Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
• Setting budgets and/or agreeing on them with senior management.
• Planning and coordinating menus.
• Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
• Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
• Responding to customer complaints.
• Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards.
• Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
• Advising customers on the menu and wine choice.
• Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
• Organising and supervising the shifts of the kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
• Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
• Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.